Secondary Science Teacher
Full-time, begins August 2023
Heritage Christian School is a ministry of Cleveland Baptist Church. Since its establishment in 1974, HCS has existed to encourage and assist families committed to fulfilling the biblical mandate to rear their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. It is expected of each HCS employee that they join membership with CBC and become active in tithing, ministry, and faithful church attendance.
- Candidate must be a born-again believer and become a member of Cleveland Baptist Church.
- Must be dedicated to training young people with a biblical worldview.
- Must be committed to excellence as a Christian educator who glorifies Christ as the source of all wisdom and knowledge.
- Applicants must agree with the ministry’s Doctrinal Position, and the mission, purpose, and Philosophy of Education of Heritage Christian School.
Essential Duties Summary:
General responsibilities include planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a traditional classroom environment; to teach students to glorify God by developing and fulfilling their academic potential; and to operate under the authority of the administrative team.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Active classroom teaching experience is preferred
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and effectively teach the assigned curriculum for the grade being taught
- Maintain adequate classroom records of grades, attendance, and behavior (on FACTS/SIS)
- Attend and participate in all schedule meetings: parent/teacher conferences, faculty meetings, programs, plays, and all other school and church events
- Plan effectively to complete course materials (primarily Abeka)
- Submit detailed lesson plans each week
- Update bulletin boards each quarter
- Assist with HCS and CBC events as requested
- Plan and implement field trips
- Supervise students in chapel, cafeteria, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of classroom
- Maintain a classroom of students who obey and demonstrate respect
To learn more, explore our website at hcspatriots.org
To learn more about Cleveland Baptist Church, explore our website at clevelandbaptist.org
216-476-7976 Ext. 128
Mr. Brown, Principal